Tuesday, February 2, 2010

from hate to love: cake (part 2)

While at our tasting in the summer, we were able to sample a few different flavors. Since we're still over a year out, we'll wait until closer to the wedding to make a decision. However, no matter what the flavor ends up being, I do have a few opinions on how I want the cake to look.

I really love this cake with it's pretty ruffles, but it looks like it might be made out of fondant (which I'm not a fan of).


Instead, I think I'll be going for a more understated, homemade look like these:




(source)

I'm okay with your basic 3+ tier cake. However, I'd love to have a pretty cake display like some of these:


(source)


(source)


(source)


(source)

I've heard that a bunch of one tier cakes can be less expensive than one big wedding cake, so I'm definitely interested in finding out whether or not this is true. What are your thoughts on a cake buffet vs. one big wedding cake?

2 comments:

  1. We’ll be going with one big cake, but I definitely like the cake buffet idea, too! I guess it just depends what type of overall visual look you want to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each signature cake is a unique combination of creamy ice cream, moist cake, and rich frosting or fudge ganache. They’re great for parties, weddings, and holidays. bakeries in mobile al

    ReplyDelete