Thursday, February 25, 2010

magical


I saw this photo recently on Style Me Pretty and think it looks absolutely magical for an outdoor wedding. Definitely a different take on stringing white Christmas lights over the reception space. And they could probably be reused in our home after the wedding. I wonder how difficult it would be to pull something like that off? I remember in high school making a ball like that by dipping twine in watered down glue and placing it around a balloon. Then once it was dry, we popped the balloon and had a pretty decoration to hang from the ceiling. The ones above look like they could be twigs or branches though. Something to think about. Although with all of the other projects floating around in my head, I'll probably end up using whatever our event planner has available in their warehouse.

Has anyone else attempted to tackle such a large DIY project before the wedding?

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, though I know I could never tackle it on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, too adventurous for my skills, but beautiful non-the-less.

    ReplyDelete