Monday, June 28, 2010

who knew that registering for china could be this easy?

This weekend was a major success. We registered for our fine china and stemware. And it took us less than an hour! And there were no disagreements!

First, we started the morning off with a big breakfast (we tend to bicker more when we're hungry - has anyone else experienced this??). Then we left early so that we would get there right after the store opened. We decided to drive into the city to go to the Macy's there, since our local one doesn't have a very large selection. Wise decision. They had a bridal registry section located behind the fine china. They checked us in, printed off our list, gave us the scanner and showed us the long tables which we could use to "set our table". They had placemats, napkins, napkin rings, and we could take anything off the shelves that we wanted to. Dare I say that it was actually FUN?!

We walked around and chose three designs that we liked. Once we got them on the table, two were almost immediately eliminated. So once that was decided we got our flatware, which I had already selected online and it actually matched. Stemware took us a little longer. The future mister liked one set and I kind of liked another. A consultant came over, took a look at our choices, waved her imaginary wand and selected something off the shelf that magically combined the two looks we both liked. Easy peasy - we were done.

Want to see what we picked?


The china pattern has a lovely silver/gray scalloped edge detail. Delicate and classic, yet very versatile since silver goes with every color. We love it!

Did you register for china? What was your experience like?

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. I have enjoyed reading. Check out my blog jumpingthebroom.blogspot.com. You are going to be my bridal blog of the week. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your classic picks! They're beautiful. And I hear you about bickering on an empty stomach. I'm an easy-going person, but when I'm hungry, it's never a good idea to push my buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete