Thursday, March 11, 2010

if the shoe fits

I think I found my wedding shoes. They're not only peep toes, but also the absolute perfect shade of robin's egg blue. Behold:

(source)

There's only one problem. The heels are 4.5 (!) inches. Between me and the future mister there's only a difference of about 3 inches. My consultant at Kleinfeld's suggested I find a kitten heel. Do you know how difficult it is to find CUTE kitten heels?? With a peep toe? Nearly impossible! So a 2.5 inch heel sounds pretty reasonable.

Well, the shoes above are from ninashoes.com. They have tons of different styles and colors and you can even design your own shoes! I was seriously considering this, but that option doesn't have a style that I absolutely love or the Easter Sage color (above). Here's the style that I do like:

What to do? Well, I sent an email to customer service to see if they would be offering any other styles in Easter Sage. Surprisingly, I received an email back a little over 12 hours later. It said that they would indeed be offering that color in more styles, but not for another 2 months. Perfect! So I signed up to be on their email list and will check back in a couple of months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Has anyone else had difficulties shopping for wedding shoes? Any suggestions on other places I should look for cute, low-heeled shoes?

2 comments:

  1. I hope it works out for you! I know I would never survive in a 4.5-inch heel. The 3-inch heels I’ll be wearing are about all I can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the low heel, if you can find a nice short heel in that robin's egg blue with a peeptoe you may have found the most perfect shoe ever!

    ReplyDelete