Tuesday, March 16, 2010

bridal glow no more

Remember this post on my bridal glow? Well a severe problem has just come to light. My Equate (walmart) version of Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer for sensitive skin ran out just last week. So I went to Target and picked up their store brand version. I noticed that it was a bit thinner and less moisturizing than the walmart brand, so while I was at the grocery store this weekend I purchased some Olay. Before I even put it on my face, I noticed the difference - for the first time (in the 10+ years I have been using it) it smelled like sunscreen. But I put it on anyway. Well there truly was an unmistakable difference. Thick, greasy, gritty, smelly AND after two days of use my usually clear skin now has tiny breakouts on my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. I thought maybe I was crazy, so I did some research and found this. Over 6(!) pages of negative reviews dating back to July 2009. That must have been when they released the new formula and I was spared, at least for a little while, since I had stockpiled the walmart version. The good news is, however, that they plan on relaunching the old formula this April as the "Classic Gentle Formula." Guess I'll be heading to walmart to see if their version can hold me over until then.

Have any of you experienced a tried and true product changing for the worse?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah! I’ve long been a victim of discontinued makeup and skincare items over the years. I have really sensitive skin, so it's the worst. There are very few things that don’t make me break out.

    ReplyDelete