Tuesday, December 14, 2010

'tis the season

I cannot believe that we are already almost half way through December! For the past few weeks I have been going back and forth about Christmas cards. Last year, I got super crafty and made these....and well, after the save the dates, I just didn't have it in me to DIY this year. So I wasn't going to send any out at all. But now cards are arriving in our mailbox everyday from friends and family and the thought of not sending out a Christmas card annoys me. Another plus - they are a great excuse to use some more of our engagement photos! Now I could have just gone to TJMaxx and picked up those cards with the photo slot (we've done that in years past). But then I would have had to worry about printing our own photos and, again, I just don't have the time or energy. Enter shutterfly.com - super cute designs and minimal effort. Yes! They have flat photo cards, flat stationery cards and folded greeting cards with hundreds of designs to choose from. Here are some of my favorites:

Christmas 2010

Air Mail Wishes

Dazzle and Sparkle

Snow Globe

Simply Peace

Starlight Joy

Full of Love

Holiday Love Sketch

I love the hand lettering of the last design, but the future mister isn't a huge fan. So we're probably going to go with the first design. It's simple and will let whichever engagement photo we choose take center stage.

Are you sending out holiday cards this year? DIY, store bought or photo cards?

*The opinions above are my own, but I am receiving 50 free holiday cards from shutterfly.com
for writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. Shutterfly is the best, and we used that site to create our card this year. I have a post lined up about it next week before Christmas. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough, we'll be sending out Shutterfly cards this year too! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete