Friday, November 6, 2009

my "other" wedding

Is it just me, or does anyone else have their actual wedding and then their "other" wedding? No? Okay, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, the future mister and I lived in Lexington, Kentucky for two years while he was getting his Master's at UK. Had we stayed there, our wedding would have most likely looked completely different than the one we are planning now.

I think our venue would have been here:



Check out the barn! (source)


And the groom, groomsmen, and other men would definitely head on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail as a pre-wedding activity. My dad completed the entire trail and got a free t-shirt!


Our favors would definitely be these:


Mini bottles of Maker's Mark! (source)

And maybe our cake toppers would look like this:

So cute! (source)

We might name our tables according to famous race horses - Barbaro, Secretariat and Man-O-War, to name a few.

And our save the dates may look like these:

And maybe we'd serve Ale-8-Ones, mint juleps, and mini hot browns. What?! You've never heard of a hot brown? Basically it's a heart attack waiting to happen - a 1,000+ calories, open faced sandwich with turkey, bacon, tomato, cheese, and mornay sauce, placed under the broiler until perfectly melty and gooey. Pure gluttony.


Our guests, oh they would most certainly wear hats. Kentucky Derby style. Yes, there would definitely be hats.


(source)

Well, there you have it - my "other" wedding. The ideas I have for our actual wedding are just as great, if not better. And who knows, maybe I'll incorporate some of these ideas to celebrate our Kentucky past.

What would your "other" wedding be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment