Wednesday, May 12, 2010

it's about the marriage...

Last week I had a wedding dream. I've had a few before this one which were mostly along the lines of "everything-is-screwed-up-nothing-is-right-my-wedding-is-ruined-!!". This time my dream was quite the opposite. Yes, everything was different. First of all, the location was at the beach. We were getting married inside at the top of a bluff that overlooked the ocean. The photographer didn't show up for the getting ready photos or the ceremony. The catering was all wrong. I had a completely different dress on. But the most amazing thing about this entire dream was that I was completely calm.

Not the right dress? That's okay, I still felt beautiful and I was getting married.

Not the right venue? Still okay - I was getting married.

The photographer didn't show up? Perfectly fine. Somehow a back-up showed up. And I was getting married.

Screwed up catering? Still great. No one would know but me and the groom anyway. And, yep, I was getting married.

At the point in the dream right after the ceremony, I was walking along the beach hand-in-hand with my new husband and I started talking about how a big part of the ceremony was left out. I was on the verge of getting worked up about it when a huge wave of calm happiness washed over me. It was a wonderful feeling. And I could still feel it as I slowly woke up.

I think that was one of the best dreams I've had in a long time. Certainly the best wedding dream since I didn't wake up in a cold sweat, heart pounding. In this dream not one single thing that went wrong mattered. Why? Because when it comes down to it, that day is not really about the wedding at all. It's about the MARRIAGE. I really hope that I'll be able to successfully carry these thoughts and feelings with me until our actual wedding day (especially when I'm weeks or days away and ready to pull my hair out).

Does anyone else have any good wedding dreams to share?

1 comment:

  1. Great dream! I haven't had a good wedding one yet, but it's also been a while since I had a wedding nightmare, so can't complain

    ReplyDelete